Last updated 03 July 2015
We respect the privacy of individuals. This policy sets out the way in which we collect, hold, disclose, use and protect your personal information.
By visiting our website, creating any accounts, placing an order with our store or providing us with your personal information, you agree to your personal information being collected, held, used and disclosed as set out in this policy.
Revisions to this Policy
If you continue to use our websites, place an order with our store or provide further personal Information to us after this policy has been revised you will be deemed to have accepted the revised policy.
What Information we collect
We collect information necessary for us to process your order, register you for an account, process your application for employment, provide you with information, or provide you with other services and/or the assistance you have requested. Where practicable, we will give you the option of interacting with us anonymously.
The personal information which we collect from you and hold ("Information") includes information like your first and last name, postal address, telephone and mobile number(s), email address, details of your order (i.e. your last four orders, your delivery address), and IP address. In respect of your credit card details we do not hold any information, as detailed further below.
When you apply for a job with uswe also collect some information from you for the purposes of assessing your suitability as an employee. The sensitive information we collect in these circumstances is further set out under the heading ‘How we use your Information: 'Sensitive information' below.
When you place an order with us online using our internet ordering system, we collect additional Information from you such as:
- your IP address as part of your order;
- your feedback;
- your entries into our competitions and draws;
- your catalog preferences and previous order information;
- any delivery instructions or comments;
We may also collect your smart device ID and use your smart device’s location services (with your consent) in order to provide you with extended services.
We do not store any credit card details for online orders.
Internet orders can be paid by cash in store, debit cards, gift voucher, bank transfer or a valid credit card (which must be presented upon receipt of your order). Your credit card details are required to process payment on the internet order system however the full details are not saved once the order is processed. We do not retain any credit card data, and all associated payment information processed and verified by a 3rd party.
How do we collect Information?
We collect your Information in various ways, including when you:
- visit our site;
- register to use any platforms, including our Online Ordering system;
- when you "Like" our Facebook page or participate in any surveys, promotions and competitions through our Facebook page;
- place an order via online ordering;
- interact or follow our social media pages/profiles like Google+, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram;
- enter into a competition or promotion through any medium;
- participate in a survey;
- participate in focus groups, polling and market research activities;
- apply for a job with us;
- submit website feedback;
- submit any query to the Privacy Officer;
- place an order via a store, telephone or our internet ordering system, mobile sites/devices
Except as noted in this policy, where possible we will collect your Information directly from you. However, there may be occasions when your Information is collected from someone else (for example we may collect your Information from its affiliates). Where we collect your Information from someone else, we will take reasonable steps to inform you of this (if this is not already disclosed in this policy). No matter where we obtain the Information from, your Information is collected, held, used and disclosed by us in accordance with this policy.
How do we use your Information?
We use your Information for the purpose for which it was provided to us, other related purposes and as permitted or required by law. Such purposes include, but are not limited, to the following:
- providing you with the assistance, products and/or services you have requested;
- processing any job application you may submit;
- processing any orders you place with us;
- determining the number of visitors to our websites and conducting reviews of our websites;
- judging competitions, fulfilling prizes, awards and purchases;
- keeping you informed about any changes to our websites as well as good and/or services;
- conducting market research (including focus groups, panels and surveys) so that we can better understand the needs of our customers and tailor our future products and services accordingly;
- conducting analyses of orders and purchasing habits so that we can better tailor the ordering experience, products and services for our customers;
- sending you offers or information on products or services that we consider will be of interest to you (if you have consented to receiving such offers and information);
- used to assist in the delivery of your order to your door and to verify your credit card payment;
- stored to help you remember and re-order from our catalog in future;
- requesting your feedback on our products and/or services;
- responding to any complaints, enquiries and feedback;
- unsubscribing your details from our databases;
- sales trends analysis, stock management and sales and stock reporting;
- any other purposes identified at the time of collecting your Information; and;
- to prevent fraud, comply with any legal obligation or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Sometimes we receive data from our affiliates, customers and other third parties that helps us (or them) understand our customer’s online, ordering and purchasing activity, and generally make our site a better experience for our customer. For example, a customer’s order may tell us information about the customer in order to measure the effectiveness of - and improve the quality of – our customer’s ordering experience.
We may also put together data from the information we already have about a customer so we can offer and suggest a variety of products, deals or offers and features to our customer, or customize the ordering experience for the customer.
Third Party disclosure of your Information
Where appropriate, we may share your Information between themselves and with other third parties, including:
- to meet the purpose for which it was submitted to us or them;
- our related entities, suppliers and third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf or provide a service to you (for example third parties processing your online payments, third parties providing analyses of customer ordering, IT and cloud storage service providers and processors;
- entities which you have expressly allowed us to disclose your Information to;
- any entities that we are required or permitted by law to disclose your Information to;
- if your personal Information is collected in connection with a joint promoter or service provider, to that joint promoter or service provider for marketing and research purposes;
- if you use a credit card to place an order via our website, mobile site or app, your details will be passed on to our credit card processor who will receive your credit card details for such orders. Presently DPS/Payment Express provide this service to us in New Zealand. DPS/Payment Express are secure internet payment gateways that secure your credit card number during transmission. See https://www.paymentexpress.com;
- we may share Information with agents, affiliates or service providers who act for or on behalf of us in connection with our business, or for further processing in accordance with the purpose(s) for which the Information was originally collected; and
- any other third parties notified to you at the time of collecting your Information or after the collection of your Information.
Some of our related entities and third party service providers are located in countries outside of New Zealand (including but not limited to the United Kingdom, New Zealand, United States of America, Germany, The Netherlands, France, Belgium and Ireland). Our contracts with these parties generally include an obligation for them to comply with New Zealand privacy law and this policy. However you acknowledge that, by agreeing to the disclosure of your Information to these entities outside of New Zealand, we will no longer be required to take reasonable steps to ensure the overseas recipient's compliance with the Australian privacy law in relation to your Information and we will not be liable to you for any breach of the New Zealand privacy law by these overseas recipients and, on this basis, you consent to such disclosure.
Access, accuracy and security
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Information that we collect and hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on you to advise us of any changes to your Information to help us maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date information. Please let us know if you believe that any of your Information requires updating or correction.
You can request access to and correction of your Information that we hold at any time. Any such requests should be made directly by contacting us (see "Contact Us" section below), or by updating your details through the account/profile management platform.
We will take reasonable steps to protect your Information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, no data protection or security measure is completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your Information, particularly in relation to online transmissions. You must take care to ensure you protect your Information (for example, by protecting your usernames and passwords) and you must notify us as soon as possible after you become aware of any security breaches.
For example, once you have placed a new order you will be offered the opportunity to personalise your order so that the system remembers it for future use. A cookie will be set on your machine that enables us to recognise your computer when you return to order your personal account details for next time.
With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. If you want to do this, refer to your Browser instructions or help screen to learn more. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of our site.
Links to other sites
How to stop receiving communication from us
To stop receiving any email correspondence from us, simply click on the link to unsubscribe.
To remove your details from any of our marketing and communication databases simply email the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.