Nurofen for Children is a pleasant tasting, sugar free, ibuprofen medicine, suitable for children aged between 3 months to 12 years. Specially formulated for the relief of pain and discomfort of fever, nothing reduces fever faster or for longer than Nurofen for Children.
- reduction in temperature for up to 8 hours including fever caused by immunisation
- temporary relief of pain associated with - teething, toothache, earache, sore throats, headache, minor aches, sprains & strains, colds & flu
- Push the syringe firmly into the neck of the bottle and shake the bottle well.
- Turn the bottle upside down and, whilst holding the syringe in place, gently pull the plunger down, drawing the liquid into the syringe.
- Turn the bottle right way up and gently twist the syringe to remove.
- To dose your child press the plunger slowly down to gently release the liquid.
- After use replace the cap firmly, wash the separated syringe parts in warm water and allow to dry (do not boil)
Suggested Dosage based on 10mg / kg / dose
AGE AVERAGE WEIGHT DOSE *3 - 6 mths 6 - 8 kg 3 - 4 ml 6 - 12 mths 8 - 10 kg 4 - 5 ml 1 - 3 yrs 10 - 14 kg 5 - 7 ml 3 - 5 yrs 14 - 18 kg 7 - 9 ml 5 - 7 yrs 18 - 22 kg 9 - 11 ml 7 - 9 yrs 22 - 28 kg 11 - 14 ml 9 - 12 yrs 28 - 40 kg 14 - 20 ml
*DO NOT GIVE TO BABIES UNDER 3 MONTHS
- Seek medical advice before giving to children under 1 year.
- Repeat dose every 8 hours as necessary with a maximum of 3 doses in 24 hours.
- Do not exceed the stated dose.
- Most asthmatics can take Nurofen fo Children but if your child is sensitive to pain relievers, do not use this product. If you are unsure, check with your pharmacist or doctor.
- If your child is receiving any other regular treatment or medicines consult your doctor.
- In adults this product is not recommended for use by pregnant women except on a doctors advice. Do not use in the last three months of pregnancy.
Medicines have benefits and some may have risks. Always read the label carefully and use strictly as directed. If symptoms continue or you have side effects consult your pharmacist or doctor immediately.