Methylated Spirits is an alcohol solvent with multiple uses around the house. It’s a traditional cleaner and stain remover, but it also makes a great lightweight fuel for spirit burners and camping stoves.
- Pierced ears - Use sparingly and carefully to cleanse around earring and piercings.
- Helps remove perspiration marks - Sponge with Home Essentials Methylated Spirits and leave for an hour before washing off in warm soapy water.
- Glass and floor cleaner - Dilute with water.
- Painting - Use as a paint thinner and for cleaning paint brushes.
- Metal cleaner
- Clean CD's and DVD's
- Camping - Light weight camping fuel for camp stoves and lights.
Mix together 20 drops each of Home Essentials Lavender Oil, Home Essentials Eucalyptus Oil, Home Essentials Citronella Oil and Home Essentials Tea Tree Oil. Add 200ml of water and 100ml Home Essentials Methylated Spirits. Place mixture into a spray bottle and shake well before use. No not spray near oil or water paint artworks or on polished or stained wood. Helps manage cigarette smoke, animal smells and stale house smells.
Mixture to wash and moth-proof blankets
Take three dessert spoons of Home Essentials Eucalyptus Oil, one large breakfast cup of Home Essentials Methylated Spirits and 225gm of Soap Flakes and mix together in a screw top jar until dissolved. Add one tablespoon of mixture to every four and a half litres of water and soak blankets until clean. Do not rinse as the Eucalyptus Oil will replace the oil in the wool. Dry outside and store mixture in a cool place.
Mixture to help keep mirrors fog free
Mix with equal parts Home Essentials Glycerol and Home Essentials Methylated Spirits.