Features and benefits
- Developed specifically for pregnant women
- May assist in the management of dietary iron deficiency
- Gentle on the digestive system – a low constipation, low nausea form of bioavailable iron
- Supports healthy energy levels when iron levels are low
Iron - Pregnant women and new mums commonly feel fatigued. Healthy levels of iron support energy levels during pregnancy. Iron is necessary for formation of haemoglobin in red blood cells, which transports oxygen to the tissues.
Approximately 50% of Australian women of reproductive age have dietary intakes of iron below the RDI. Low iron levels are common during times of increased iron requirement due to growth, such as during pregnancy. However, approximately one quarter of pregnant women report getting constipated when taking high doses of supplemental iron.
Why the bisglycinate form of iron?
Iron bisglycinate is a low constipation, low nausea form of iron that is well tolerated and gentle on the digestive system. This form of iron is more bioavailable than some other forms of iron including ferrous sulphate, when taken with food.
DosageAdults: Take 1 tablet daily with meals, or as professionally prescribed
Contraindications and cautions
- Always read the label.
- Use only as directed. If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
- Not for the treatment of iron deficiency conditions.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Consult your healthcare professional before taking with any other product containing iron.